Orbry Boards Free From Banned Substances
The Environment Agency has found that some imported tile backer boards and shower trays contain substances that are banned in Europe. These substances are found in boards that are manufactured using HCFCs – an ozone depleting gas – as the blowing agent to create the extruded polystyrene. Orbry Boards and Shower Trays are manufactured using CO2 as the blowing agent, making them free from banned substances such as HCFC, Bromine & Fluorine.
Orbry Board is a versatile tile backer board that can be used for waterproofing wet rooms & wet areas, as a base for tiling, dry lining insulation for solid walls and as a decoupling & insulating layer with electric underfloor heating systems. The boards are extremely lightweight making them easy to transport and cut to size, but also strong enough to support the weight of heavy tiles – up to 60kg/m2.
Benefits of Orbry Board
- 100% waterproof
- Lightweight and easy to cut to size
- Ideal for use with electric underfloor heating systems
- Compatible with a range of substrates
- Can be used internally and externally
- Suitable for use on walls and floors
- Strong enough to hold tiles up to 60kg/m2
- Available in a range of sizes and thicknesses
- Can be used as dry lining insulation