Electric Underfloor Heating for Your Wet Room
More and more people are choosing to install electric underfloor heating in their wet rooms. Why? Because electric underfloor heating has many benefits that make it an attractive option for homeowners. Here are just some of the reasons people are switching to electric underfloor heating:
- Effectively heats at lower temperatures than traditional radiators and could reduce annual energy bills.
- Evaporates surface water in bathrooms and wet rooms to avoid slips and falls.
- Underfloor heating has the potential to increase the value of a property.
- Underfloor heating will provide a more hygienic atmosphere as dust will not spread around the room, perfect for anyone who suffers from allergies.
- Provides a warm and comfortable surface to stand upon.
Orbry Underfloor Heating Installation
Our Orbry electric underfloor heating mats are ideal for use under tiles, especially in wet rooms, conservatories, and kitchens. They are easy to install, and the heating mats are ultra-thin meaning the height of the floor won’t be raised a significant amount. To meet the needs of any job, large or small, the underfloor heating mats come in different lengths.
How to Install Orbry Electric Underfloor Heating Mats
- Before unpacking, test the underfloor heating mat with a multimeter and check the reading matches the label on the mat.
- Draw a plan for your floor so you have a clear idea of how and where the mats will fit.
- Make sure the sub-floor is solid, level and clear of dust & debris.
- Fit Orbry tile backer boards or Permalayer decoupling membrane to the floor.
- Lay the heating mat out according to your plan.
- Position the floor sensor half way between two runs of the heating cable.
- Once the sensor and mats are in the correct position you can use the self-adhesive backing on the mats to stick them to the floor.
- Cover the mat with self-levelling compound or flexible tile adhesive.
- Lay your flooring.
- Connect your chosen thermostat following the model specific instructions.
- Enjoy having toasty feet!
For more detailed instructions click here for the Orbry Electric Underfloor Heating Guide.
There are a range of thermostats to choose from, and these will allow you to create a heating schedule that suits your lifestyle. Choose a simple manual thermostat or a colourful touchscreen Smart Touch to take full advantage of the heating options available.
With Orbry your underfloor heating is guaranteed for 10 years – register your Orbry Electric Underfloor Heating online to protect it – so there’s no reason not to install it today.